Saturday, July 5, 2008

the best part of the trip



Staying at the hotel was the best part of the trip for sure. Because our vacations are always trips to Mesquite we never need to stay in a motel (Thanks Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Robin). Hotels have had a mysterious allure to my kids for awhile so this was very exciting to them. We stayed in the Ameritel Inn, which by the way was awesome. The Ameritel in Bend is probably one of the best the chain owns. It was so nice, almost upscale feeling, and to the kids delight, our room was on the third floor. We took the elevator many times and the kids never stopped loving it.
side note: we stayed in the Ameritel in Boise and it wasn't as nice. Kind of stuck in the 80's. Cool if you like flashbacks.

2 comments:

Gina and John Zarate Family said...

It's amazing how much of a kick kids get out of staying in a hotel.And with an elevator and a pool what more do ya need! I am glad they had fun and you were able to make a vacation out of it!I think I have talked John into coming in Aug. when we go up to the reuinon!

Olinselot said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love Oregon, but I'm glad you're staying in IDaho :)
Lets get together some time. Julene lives there, but it seems like I never come that way anymore. With gas prices I do my shopping online or locally. I"ll make it there soon though, and I'll give you a ring.