Monday, February 18, 2008

ESCAPE TO MESQUITE - playing at the river



Well, I had to get out of Idaho for awhile. I woke up Friday morning, the weather looked good and decided to take the kids and head to Mesquite. The kids were so excited and more than willing to jump in the car for the long ride. Nephi had to stay behind to work. I was nervous about driving the whole way myself but I was willing to try it.
At about 4pm we hit the road. We stayed at my Aunt Suzanne's in Orem for the night, and then drove 4 more hours on to Mesquite in the morning. An 8 hour drive and the kids were great! The roads were clear and there was barely a cloud in the sky. It couldn't have been much better. In these pictures we are playing at the river after geo-caching (look at next set of pics). It was so fun to enjoy WARM sunshine and dirt. Dirt never looks as nice as it does until you're coming from Idaho in the middle of winter. John also took the kids on a little ride in the back of the truck. All of the kids loved it but seeing Laci squeal with the warm wind blowing through her hair I had to ask John to take them on a longer ride. I jumped in the back to police the situation and John took us on dirt roads. They enjoyed it so it was worth getting bumped around.

4 comments:

Nielsen's said...

Hey Lillian,
Where are you? That definately doesn't look like the snake river in Feb. Looks like you had fun!!!
Jen

Randi said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Mesquite and enjoy the warm weather. Looks like you guys are having a great time.

shannan said...

Hey Lil,
I want to be invited to your blog. You are doing great (way better than me, and I started around November.)!!! It is so fun to see your cute kids!
Love,
Shannan Wainwright

Nielsen's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE!

LOVE YA,
Jen