Thursday, February 7, 2008

Learning piano online

I am learning the piano! I took piano lessons as a kid and basically hated it. One of the parts I really hated was having to learn to read music. BOOORING. And I wasn't very good at it. I am now learning how to play by ear! Believe it or not, those of you I already told will believe it, I am learning from pianomagic.com! Online lessons! Who would've thought it was possible! I started in the first of January and I can already play many nice simple tunes with left hand accompaniment. In fact I am quickly becoming proficient at some pretty "fancy" left hand decoration. I have passed up in a month of online lessons what I did not even achieve in at least a year of traditional lessons. And I'm having FUN!

5 comments:

Nielsen's said...

Hey girl! I didn't know you could learn piano on line! Good for you! I used to play piano and even won a few competitions, but gave it all up for the trumpet and now I can only play from the hymns made easy book!!! Sean is pretty good though! That pic. of Sean and Megan is cute. However, Emma and I are also in the pic. and I cropped us out because we ruined it with dorky expressions. You can see Emma's hand on Megan's arm. I do love it of Sean and Megan though. My frined Brittni, her blog is linked to mine, took the pic. and she is fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lillian... It's Angela (Laub)... do you remember me? I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. That's awesome that you are learing the piano online. Good for you!

Randi said...

I didn't know you could learn to play the piano online either. That is great. I am glad you decided to go public again so I could catch up with you. When the weather gets better we will have to get together.

My email address for when you go private is srpeterson@bigdoghsi.com

Olinselot said...

hey Lillian, I figured some stuff out this morning. I also changed my url, so my new one is
www.andreasenstation.blogspot.com
check it out, it's way better. Looking forward to talking to you around 3pm.
Later, Jing

Unknown said...

Hey Lillian... that's so funny! Everytime I think of you, the first thing that comes to my mind is also Mr. Bartlett's computer class. Those were some fun times! It's been fun to get back in touch.

Here is my email address for when you go private again:
aashaner@cascadeaccess.com