Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Sneaky Chef

I've become very fed up with my kids unwillingness (mostly Brigham) to eat healthy food. I mean to the point that I've wanted to yell and cry out of frustration. It's not just healthy food though, it's hard to get Brigham to think anything sounds good.
I'd heard about the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld that disguises healthy ingredients in recipes on Oprah. I was intrigued. I did the research and ended up buying a different but similar book called "The Sneaky Chef" by Missy Lapine. It was about $14 on Amazon.
I LOVE this book! I have gone from feeling hopeless that my kids were ever going to have good nutrition to literally smiling at meal time with pride! Seriously, in the last two days my kids have had cauliflower, zuchinni, sweet potato, carrots, white kidney beans, wheat germ multiple times, whole wheat flour, bran cereal, and they didn't even know it! Tonight we had breaded chicken strips that had 5 of the above mentioned ingredients! They loved it! I was holding back the laughs as Brigham raved about how delicious the chicken was. We even made Chocolate chip cookies that used whole wheat flour, wheat germ, and the white kidney beans (pureed)! Brigham ate 3 big cookies until he was stuffed! It made my day. :)
If anyone reading this is interested go to thesneakychef.com to check it out and buy the book at Amazon for a great price.

1 comments:

Nielsen's said...

Hey Lillian,
I bought deceptively delicious at Christmastime. I really need to try it out! We'll have to swap the ones our kids/husbands will eat. Sean looked at my book at was an instant critic, so I've been hesitant!
BTW, we have officially decided to name our baby girl, Lacey MacKenna Nielsen. I can't believe that I only have 18 wks. left to go!
love ya tons,
Jen