Monday, January 14, 2008

still being sneaky!

I have had continued success with the sneaky chef recipes. Yesterday I made homemade macaroni and cheese that the kids LOVED and ate the entire batch. Today I was short on time so I made a quick recipe called crunchy elbows. Both of these recipes had lots of nutrition in them and my kids ate them like they were the greatest thing. They also suddenly think I'm a great cook. I went to the store today and stocked up on wheat germ and a bunch of other things so I'll have at least most things I need on hand. I found a pasta (Ronzoni brand) that tastes just like standard white pasta but it has 3x's the fiber and calcium equivalent to a glass of milk. It's called Smart Taste. It cost about $2 for a box, so a little pricey, but it makes even a simple meal more nutritious. I'm telling you, you've got to check out this book! I am so excited to try the baked chocolate donut recipe. It has spinach and blueberries hidden in it!

0 comments: