Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 8, 2008

I am going to try to type a little something everyday as a way to journal. Not too private since this is pretty public but something that helps capture our lives.
Hmm. I am bored with winter. The snow keeps coming, not a lot everyday but enough that it just feels relentless. I'm always afraid to voice my annoyance too much because I'm always aware that voicing something gives it more power. A few weeks ago I was thinking about how much I was enjoying the snow and how beautiful it was and how I must becoming a real Idahoan. Well, we had a big storm and the snow got thick and it stayed. How rude! I love it when it comes and melts in a couple days but it has really overstayed its welcome. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to live in the desert again, I've had my fill of the heat, but the winters here are LONGGGGG! So apparently I can't be satisfied. Where would I be happy? San Diego? too crowded and expensive, Denver? winter there too... Salt Lake? winter, crowded, expensive. I think I'd better stay where I am and have an attitude adjustment. This is why I never want to go anywhere in the summer. We have beautiful summers and we earn them! I don't want to waste it by not being here!
I ordered some snow pants for my kids so they can finally get outside and play. Poor kids, it takes me awhile to figure out what they need for cold.
Marta is visiting at the first of February. It is so nice to have something fun to look forward to. We plan to eat a lot!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy in general, just bored with the monotomy of winter. January is notoriously the hardest month of the year for everyone because it feels like an endless month. Enough about the weather............:)

0 comments: