Saturday, November 15, 2008

tree trimming

We have a huge, looming tree we need cut down quite a bit in the backyard. I feared it would be very expensive so I worried about when I could get to it. When I was on craigslist I found an ad for tree trimming. I contacted the guy to come for an estimate and he came yesterday. He told me he'd cut the tree for $300. A really good price for major tree work. I was like, "How soon can you come?" So, I think he's coming Monday. After he left I looked over his flyer and thought, "Oh crap. What have I done?" "Does this guy really know what he's doing", as well as had a good nervous laugh over the rest of his skills. I told my neighbor about everything and he said, "Hey, if he gets your tree down for $300...Great!"
Do you suppose he trims trees wearing his Chips Patrol suit? :)
P.s. double click on the flyer to enlarge it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one of the funniest ads I've ever seen. You have got to send that on to Jay Leno!!!! He would totally read that. Does your guy have a newspaper ad? Anyway... you should ask him if he can whistle the Chips theme song while he cuts down that tree!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlene said...

Please update us as to how this turned out. I think you are very brave to have that person come out after seeing that ad.