Thursday, November 13, 2008

NO PHONE

I knew it. I knew this phone thing was going to be a nightmare. Comcast came today and they couldn't install it either. I don't know why this has been so impossible. So, attempt #3: The comcast guy told me to get a vonage account. You buy the device that connects into your DSL and bingo, you supposedly get phone service. I activated the phone service and am paying for the package with unlimited long distance. So, I'll give you my new number when I hear with my own ears that I have a working line. They're overnighting the box. Of course after I ordered it I realized that I could have bought the box locally. Oh well, what's a days difference at this point.

3 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

May I ask why we were not able to install? Please let me know how I can help.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Carlene said...

What about the people that lived there before you? Didn't they have a phone?

Just an FYI- my mom used Vonage for a long time. It worked for awhile but then she started having tons of problems with it and would be without a working phone off and on at times. Calling to get help from Vonage was difficult at best because she was have to have someone with a cell phone go to her house and usually the customer service people did not speak English very well. I hope it works a lot better for you! The flat rate service is nice at least.

Lillian said...

Apparently the previous owners were all wireless.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the quality of Vonage. I don't feel like I have a lot of options. I can't handle dealing with Qwest again.