Friday, October 24, 2008

What a day....

Oh my goodness. This is quite a day. Jennifer, thanks for attempting to call me. Even if I were home I don't think I could've talked. I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
Backing up.....A while back when I was at the SYTYCD show, I thought I lost my checkbook. I couldn't figure out how that happened, but my checkbook was definately missing. I had to put a stop payment of about 9 check numbers. Well, a week ago I found a checkbook in the back of a drawer and I thought, "Oh, hey! I didn't know I still had some checks in this book to use!" Brainless I know. So I wrote a check at the grocery store for 97.80 and guess what, a check to the title company for $2,000! I don't know how I figured it out, maybe this was one of those "inspired" moments but it suddenly just donned on me. As you can imagine, I went into complete panic. After freaking out and calling everyone involved I ended up wiring the 2,000 dollars to the title company and visiting the business office at the grocery store in person to apologize profusely and repaid them with a new check. I was lucky they didn't charge me a penalty fee. I did have to pay 25. to send the wire. Not bad for a big screw up really.
During all of this I had Brigham going to school, Laci going and coming to preschool, electricians taking care of the inspection report requirements, my loan officer needed an additional form downloaded, signed, scanned, and e-mailed back (which I've never tried to do before), my realtor calling........... And it's only 1:00pm!

BUT, I'm grateful everything is moving forward.... we are now scheduled to sign off on our current home next Wed afternoon and we'll close down there a day or two later. I'm exhausted!

1 comments:

Nielsen's said...

Sounds CRAZY! Soon you'll be in your new house and lovin' it! (Keep that in mind when you feel like running down the street screaming with stress!) ;) Be sure you get me your new address and ph.# when you can!
Love ya!