Tuesday, May 13, 2008


I've been wanting a firebowl for a few years now but have kept putting it off because of the prices. Well, last week Kohls had these cute little ones on sale for $39.99 and I could not pass them up! It is quite small but I think it will serve our needs well. I also thought my kids might enjoy it a little but I was shocked at HOW MUCH they loved it. Their enthusiasm far surpassed mine. I had bought hot dog and marshmallow roasting sticks so we had a full on cookout. Nephi was at scouts so I was on my own. It was borderline out of control. I wasn't prepared with good chopped wood. Nephi had managed to split a few skinny branches before he had to leave and I had a big old log. It was so smoky and newspaper ash was blowing everywhere. I needed John at that moment. But hey, the kids were loving every second of it and as they were roasting their ash covered hotdogs over a lukewarm fire they kept exclaiming that they couldn't believe they had a campfire. All night long they marveled over that fact. When it was time to eat the hot dogs I zapped them in the microwave when they weren't looking. I don't think they even actually like hot dogs really but they were eating them with their camper enthusiasm. Before we do this again I need to have Nephi split me some wood so I'm prepared. It was fun!

1 comments:

Marta said...

I can see from the picture how much fun they're having! When you're young, everything is so exciting...and you feel like everything is an adventure.....ahhhhh....I miss those days of new discovery.......