Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday

okay, Maggie gave me a jar with Flashback Friday questions I'm supposed to answer. So here I go...opening the jar....pulling out a strip of paper....and the question is.....

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER?
hmmm.... I'd have to say Mrs. Bearden in 1st grade. We earned stars for good behavior, good scores, etc. on a chart and then at the end of the year we used those stars to buy things from her store. She filled a long school table with all kinds of prizes like toys, inexpensive jewelry, notepads, candy, bubble gum, etc. For whatever reason I was the last or almost the last person to go. Probably because my last name started with Z. (Darn that was a curse) But I managed to score something I've never forgotten! I picked a set of erasers that looked and smelled just like oreos. People that have lived with me know that I have always loved playfood, tiny food, anything like that. So it's no surprise that in first grade that's what I picked. I remember stressing over whether someone would pick those but apparently no one shared my zeal for fake food. I still remember how they felt in my hands, how they smelled, how I loved them. Strange I know, but hey, that's me! I think I also picked up a package of grape hubba hubba which besides being my favorite flavor was especially cool because mom didn't allow us to have gum. Side note: Purple is still one of my very favorite colors because it reminds me of grape hubba bubba. I even have a "grape" colored kitchenaid mixer.

4 comments:

Adriana said...

she was my kindergarden teacher too. she was so nice. i loved her. she was one of my favs

Nielsen's said...

so cool!( btw,i'm typing and holding Lacey)i'd love some flashback fri. ideas. where'd she get them?

Unknown said...

I was really bored one night and started typing the questions for the blog jar. I made a jar for each sister, sisterinlaw and a few girlfriends. I would be happy forward the word document with the questions if you like.

Melinda said...

Hi Maggie! Could you forward them to me? I think it's a cool idea!

Thanks
winna4295@yahoo.com