Sunday, April 27, 2008

Who knew? We just met and would later be family...


Okay, so this was in our Ricks newspaper the first week or two of school. A little background on how we met.... I met Nephi the day before my college career literally began. We met at a dance. His roommate stopped me to meet me and Nephi ran up to shake my hand. So I met him then. They even gave us a ride home in the car. I honestly don't remember much of him after the handshake though. The next day I am sitting in my sociolgy class, my first day of college. Well, in walks Nephi. It was like a lightning bolt hit me. I instantly knew that this was the guy from the night before and he WAS HOT! I had him sit right behind me and much to my delight he asked if he could come visit me that evening. That was it! Literally the first day I arrive in Rexburg I meet my future husband and the next night he is at my apartment! I was crazy about him from then on out. I met other guys, but really, it was all about Nephi for me.
okay, so in this picture...it was after our sociology class, probably lunch time and he asked me if I wanted to study with him. We're sitting out in the courtyard and a photographer asked us if he could take our picture for the school paper. So here we are, pretending to read our sociology books....

3 comments:

Marta said...

ah, that cracks me up. I did always think that was pretty funny. It's funny, you look the same, Nephi looks totally different!

Marta said...

Hi, this is Chris, I had to crack Marta's secret code to leave a comment-anyway this picture is classic , so Lillian were you really studying the text book or just admiring Nephi?
It's crazy you guy's have been together that long. You guys look so young in this photo...

Lillian said...

We actually were "studying" but I'm sure my mind was elsewhere. :) I'm sure Nephi was probably very focused on his reading.