Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Darn it.

Well, I officially had a miscarriage. There was no heart beat at the 8 week ultrasound (also my first dr visit) so they made me wait out two weeks to come back for a final decision. It was no better at 10 weeks (yesterday) so now I get to go through an aborting process. They gave me two shots in my backside of some thick stuff -ow, and this weekend I have to take some other medicine that will cause heavy cramping and force it all to bleed out. Sorry, too much info, but that was the cleaned up version! :) I am doing fine. After the 8 week appt I could see the writing on the wall so I mourned my disappointment then. At this point I am past that and can not wait to get this over with. I am sick of feeling nausiated and tired for nothing. I was so ready for a baby but after this I need a break. I am going to enjoy the summer. I'm going to run, jump on the trampoline, paint the house some more, just have a good summer.
So anyhow, this weekend is the last hurdle to get through I guess. I have pain medications ready to go and I plan to max those out. Hopefully I will be able to report that it was no big deal! You don't know how bad I hope to report that.....

2 comments:

Marta said...

Hope everything goes smoothly for you this week. I'll call you sometime this weekend to check up on you!!! give the kids a hug for me!!

Randi said...

I am sorry that you are having to go through that. It sounds like your are in good spirits. I hope everything goes well for you this weekend.