Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Revisiting Idaho Falls

I've wondered how I would feel going back to Idaho Falls after we moved away 3 months ago. I loved it there and a year ago couldn't imagine living anywhere else. We just visited there last weekend to see friends and we had a good time. We went back to the old neighborhood to visit our neighbors so we were right there at our old house. I definately felt a twinge of something because I saw it with fresh eyes. It looked great! The paint job I gave it makes it so nice and bright! Nephi and I both commented on what a cute house it is, knowing that it was our doing that made it so (new windows, new paint, new garage doors). So we felt a little pride too that it looked good. However, there is so much snow in Idaho Falls as usual. The neigborhood is piled high. All of the streets in town have packed down snow (except the main roads of course). It just looks and feels like a typical January. It was also much colder. But that's what made us instantly love Ogden even more. In Ogden we almost NEVER have packed down snow on roads or sidewalks. We get a storm than it starts melting within a few days, the sun is warm when it shines, and it shines a lot. When we left IF it was very overcast and dreary. There were flakes falling we thought there must be snow coming. However, we drove out of it and back home into gorgeous, sunny, decently warm weather.
I feel even better about our decision to move here. This place suits us. Not that I don't still love Idaho Falls. I will always have a place in my heart for IF. But I felt that trip confirmed to us even more that we are and will be happy here in Ogden.

2 comments:

Me and My Gang said...

Lillian and Nephi,
We are sad to hear that you moved away from IF. But happy that you didn't go to far! We were in IF this last weekend and in ogden on Sunday I wish we would have known. Would you please send me your new address via e-mail rfamily93@yahoo.com or via comment on our blog rfamily93.blogspot.com, it would be so good to stay in touch. By the way were is Nephi working? We wish you all the best there!love Ryan and Annell Steel (Nephi's cousin)

Randi said...

I am a little jealous that you were able to move away from Idaho. I still can not say I love it here. Hope things are going good for you and your family.