Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our New Home

We just returned from a whirlwind trip to South Ogden. Since our home went under contract and they plan to close by the end of the month we HAD to hurry and get one under contract for ourselves. I have been "shopping" online for ages it feels like so I had a list narrowed down to a few. Most of them disappointed but after 3 visits to this home in one day we submitted an offer. After negotiations we came to a final agreement and it was done. It was crazy and exhausting. We love the home. I actually didn't love it on the first visit. I was luke warm I guess, but after looking at more homes, this home became more and more right. The style of it is so right up my alley. Contemporary with a lot of vintage charm. I think I was overwhelmed. so much to see in so little time. It's not perfect. There is a lot of tweaking for me to do. The landscape needs to have a little more modern feel, I want a modern tile backsplash in the kitchen, replace some of the lighting....modern house numbers...all in time.....
The backyard at first disappointed me but I have fallen in love with it. The kids had a blast running all through the terraced yard. There does seem to be just enough room in one area for our trampoline and that was a biggie with me. There's even a pond at the top for Koi fish. I'm pretty sure it will never see a Koi again. Too much work for me.
So if everything falls into place with both home sales then we'll be moving in about two weeks from now!!!! Knock on wood right?
I posted so many photos mostly for my mom who wants to see every nook and cranny so forgive me if you find it extremely overkill. I know it is.

4 comments:

Nielsen's said...

AWESOME! I LOVE IT!

Olinselot said...

YAY! oh you'll have to get photos ASAP! How exciting to get a new home and a new start. I love big change like that, our move to BOise was a blast...and so was our move back:) Good luck, I'm sure you'll have that place just the way you like it really soon.

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you guys will be an easier days drive away. I know my kids would love love love to come visit.

Carlene said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad things are working out so well for you!