Thursday, February 28, 2008

Laci's new cut!



A few days before this, she decided that she wanted a haircut. She was very specific that she wanted it short, "not bald", but short. I couldn't believe it because she's been so protective of her "long princess hair" for so long. But she clearly knew what she wanted. She wanted hair just like mine. I thought it was really sweet but I was really worried that she'd regret it two days later. I took to her a salon and I was so proud of her she got right up in the chair and said she wanted a haircut like "my mom" and she pointed straight at me to make no mistake. The poor stylist though, Laci scrunched her shoulders up the whole time and was WIGGLING a lot. Thankfully the stylist was a sweet girl who could roll with it. The cuts a little choppy compared to my intricate version (different stylist) but considering the work conditions I thought it was fine. Anyhow, Laci still loves her cut 3 days later and has absolutely no regrets. I still stare at her when she's not looking. I just can't believe it.

3 comments:

Nielsen's said...

Hey Lillian,

I've been wanting to call you about your last comment on my blog!!! (But have been dealing with being pregnant tired, sick kids, and Sean's leg -- he hairline fractured his leg -from running- and got inflamed tendonitis. . . instead!) Anyways, I'll speak in code to let you know I've very excited about your recent accomplishments! How are you? How's Nephi?

I think Laci's cut is too cute! I love it!

Love ya,
Jen

Gina and John Zarate Family said...

I can't believe she decided to get it cut. IT is sooooooo cute. Please tell Laci that Aunt Gina Loves her new hair cut and I miss her!

Marta said...

wow, talk about a grown up hair cut, it does look cute on her though. I'm glad to see that she's got a mind of her own, and does what she wants!!